Make a 3-Minute Video
Now that you have your concept, it’s time to develop your 3 minute or less pitch video. We’ve got some tips and tricks for you that may come in handy as you and your team begin filming.
- Keep it short and sweet. We want to know about your concept in 3 minutes or less. Remember, your video needs to keep the attention of your audience while conveying your concept.
- The opening shot of your video is your first impression to the world, make sure to simply relay your idea as well as your one-line benefit statement. Your one-line benefit statement summarizes the biggest benefit of your idea in a short phrase or sentence.
- Video organization is critical, especially when deciding what to focus on. Make sure your video “identifies the problem”, but don’t linger. Most of your video should be about how your concept or idea is a satisfying solution to spreading the positive message and changing the perception of mining.
- Staging could make all the difference. Creativity is a plus and not only will it help to showcase your team’s talents, but it could also add to the impact your video has. Make sure to film your video in a well lit environment where the audio is clear.
- Don’t spend too much time on introductions. Keep your team intro short and move quickly to the concept. Since your video time is valuable, you will want every second to showcase your concept and idea.
- Test run. Want to know if your on target with your video and messaging? Hold a private screening of your new pitch video to see how well it’s received by your friends and family (they are, after all, a sampling of your target audience!) Watch their reactions. Do they seem excited? Are they confused? Did they understand your concept right away? Ask questions and get their feedback.
Want to learn more? Read more on Inc.com